16 February 2008

Addendum

Yes, I did irritate Brian Buscher. No, Nick Blackburn is only decent looking in real life, not super hot. Thanks to Laur for taking the torch on this one as I've been too lazy to do anything since my laptop broke. At any rate, my story: we were at one of the tables and the last two guys at that particular autograph table were Brian Buscher and Nick Blackburn. Buscher signs my thing and whatever. Nick Blackburn says hi and asks how I'm doing. Rather than confessing how I really felt ("Wow! You're not that hot in person, so I'm disappointed..."), I told him I was well and that I really enjoyed watching him last season. He looks up at me with a perplexed expression and says "Really? Why?" "Well, it was fun to watch you come up from the minors late in the season and start to develop as a major league pitcher. You were my favorite player to watch." Upon hearing this, Brian Buscher looks up at me, with this pissed off face and mutters "Thanks." I kinda shrugged my shoulders at him, whatever cheddar. So yes, I insulted Brian Buscher and I'm not afraid to say it.

No comments: