19 October 2007

Fun with food

So, over Summits and Premos, Lauren and I had a hell of a time tonight discussing what we thought the initials in C.C. Sabathia's name stood for. We came up with four main possibilities: Cheeseburger Consumer, Chief Chomper, Chocolate Covered and Chocolate Chip. This lead to talking about food. I was craving a muffeletta of sorts and when I started describing this to Lauren, the following conversation took place:
Nicky: "I want to take some french bread, throw on some capicola or proscuitto, [genoa] salami, and pepperoni and provolone. Toasted."
Lauren: "Do you know what that's called?"
Nicky: "A muffeletta?"
Lauren: "No..."
Nicky: "A Saltalamacchia?!"*
Now, to the business idea: we are going to open up a baseball restaurant and have all the food named after players. We came up with a few ideas for food, but the food need to relate to the player some how. Here are the ideas:
Carlos Silva - Beef Skewers
CC Sabathia - Cheeseburger
David Ortiz - Beef Enchilada
Juan Rincon - Beef and Bean Burrito
Magglio Ordonez - Paella
Coco Crisp - Coco Crispies (I know, tres creative)
Boof Bonser - Deep Fried Snickers
Alex Rodriguez - Shrimp Cocktail
Jonathan Papelbon - Creme Brulee
(Any and all suggestions are welcome for additional menu items)
So yeah, we were watching the game, but this is the type of thing that happens when Lauren and I watch baseball with beers in hand.

For the ALCS, Lauren and I are taking opposing sides. She is cheering for the Tribe and while I'm not speaking on her behalf, I think part of it is the fact that they beat us. Cheers.
I fucking hate the Yankees. Therefore, I love Boston. Simple as that. AL Reppin.

*Upon earlier discussion circa August, Lauren and I decided that Jarrod Saltalamacchia's surname sounded like a delicious Italian sandwich.

No comments: