01 September 2007

Tonight, tonight.

Hug it out!
We were Incredibly Close to seeing something really amazing tonight: A Perfect Twins game. I'm told (sources unreliable) that our Twinkies have never accomplished this feat.

Mr Scott Baker (....who is my boyfriend....) was a BB, an FC and a 1B away from that. It was really something.

I hate to say this about a 5-0, 1-hitter win, but I have no choice: That. Broke. My. Heart.

And it's not just about being a Twins fan. It's about being a fan of the game, and being someone who really loves the little stuff about baseball. I want to see a no-no. I want to catch a foul ball. I want to see my boys win in October (...as someone over the age of 7, which I was for the '91 Series. )

Tonight I came so very close. Tonight was really something special.

No comments: